Events & Publications
Our project has organised four workshops with contributions by our researchers as well as by invited speakers. We also encourage our people, in particular our junior and early-career researchers, to participate in conferences and symposia, and to write papers on their research topics. Beyond new and updated descriptions of Khanty and Mansi grammar, we hope that our linguistic contribution especially in questions of morphosyntactic analysis and information structure will be of interest and relevance for a more general linguistic audience as well.
In this section, you will find information about our own workshops and the project-external conferences and symposia in which our research has been presented. We have tried to provide for download as many project-relevant conference presentations (texts of talks and/or visual support material) by our researchers as possible. This section also includes information about all publications written within the project: either source information or links, or, copyright regulations allowing, a full-text version of each publication.
Veronika Bauer and Gábor Fónyad at ICLDC 2011 (Honolulu/Hawaii)
- October 11–13, 2012: Susanna Virtanen participating in "TIMELing 2012 Conference", Łodz, Poland
- August 23-26, 2012: "EuroBABEL Final Conference" Leiden, The Netherlands
- March 5-10, 2012: Internal Ob-Ugric Languages Workshop, Helsinki, Finland
- February 9–12, 2012: Susanna Virtanen participating in the "15. International Morphology Meeting, Vienna", Vienna, Austria
- May 20–22, 2011: Susanna Virtanen participating in the "Workshop on Referential Hierarchies in Three-participant Constructions", Lancaster, England
- February 9, 2011: Training activity, participating Gábor Fónyad and Veronika Bauer: Workshop on the analysis software "Field Language Explorer (FLEx)", adjacent to ICLDC in Honolulu/Hawaii, USA
- August 15 - September 03, 2010: Gábor Fónyad & Veronika Bauer participating in the "Leipzig Typology Summer School 2010", Leipzig, Germany
- August 28-29, 2010: Cross-CRP collaboration meeting (organized by RHIM with Elena Skribnik, Gábor Fónyad, Susanna Virtanen and Veronika Bauer as guests from OUL), Leipzig, Germany
- March 24-27, 2010: Cross-CRP collaboration meeting (organized by Ob-Ugric Languages with Prof. Dr. Balthasar Bickel as guest from the RHIM project), Budapest, Hungary
- March 14-17, 2010, Internal RHIM workshop (organized by RHIM with Elena Skribnik as guest from Ob-Ugric Languages), Leipzig (Germany)
Program as PDF
- September 11–13, 2009: EuroBABEL Launch Conference, Berlin, Germany
Publications & Presentations
Presentation by Elena Skribnik, Veronika Bauer and Zsófia Kováts (Schön)
Publications & Presentations by Marianne Bakró-Nagy
Publications & Presentations by Gwen Eva Janda
- "Possessive Suffixes and their Functions in Ugric Languages". Presentation given at the Ob-BABEL Conference Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland March 5-10, 2012
Publications 2009–2012 by Susanna Virtanen
- Pragmatic direct object Marking in Eastern Mansi. Linguistics. 2014 (52:2) p. 391–413.
- Contextual function of noun marking in the direct object marking system in Eastern Mansi. Uralisztikai Tanulmányok. 2012 (20).
- Variation in three-participant constructions in Eastern Mansi. Linguistica Uralica. 2012 2, p. 120-130.
- Ditransitiivien vaihtelua mansin itämurteissa. Folia Uralica Debreceniensia 18.
- Direct Object Marking in Eastern Mansi. Congressus Internationalis Fenno-Ugristarum 2010, V, p. 183-189.
- Liike-elämän suomen intensiivikurssi Practical Finnish at Work. Opetuskokeilu keväällä 2009. Virtanen, S. & Kortetjärvi-Nurmi. Kotikimara.
Conference papers, posters 2009–2012 by Susanna Virtanen
- Grammaticalization of preverbs of aspect and time in Eastern Mansi. Paper. TIMELing 2012 Conference. University of Lodz, Poland 11.-13.10.2012
- Meaning and function of the Eastern Mansi Objective Conjugation. Poster. 15th International Morphology Meeting: Morphology and Meaning. Vienna, Austria 09.02.2012-12.02.2012
- Variation in three-participant constructions in Eastern Mansi. Workshop on Referential Hierarchies in Three-participant Constructions. Lancaster, England 19.05.2011-21.05.2011
- Contextual function of noun marking in the direct object marking system is Eastern Mansi. Grammar and Context. ELTE, Budapest, Hungary 19.04.2011-21.04.2011
- Direct object marking in Eastern Mansi. XI Congressus Internationals Fenno-Ugristarum. Piliscsaba, Ungarn 09.08.2010-15.08.2010
- Uralilainen *-m-akkusatiivi mansin kielen nykymurteissa. Kielitieteen päivät. Helsinki, Finland 20.05.2010-22.05.2010
- Remarks on use of accusative and lative cases in Eastern Mansi. 14th International Morphology meeting, Uralic Case Workshop. Budapest, Hungary 12.05.2010-16.05.2010
- Pragmatic marking of direct objects in Eastern Mansi. Referential hiearchy effects on the morphosyntax of verbal arguments. Leipzig, Germany 27.08.2010-29.08.2010
- Differential object marking in Eastern Mansi. New Trends in Uralistics. Szeged, Hungary 03.09.2009-05.09.2009
- Differential object marking in Eastern Mansi. Case in and across languages symposium, DOM Workshop. Helsinki, Finland 27.08.2009-29.08.2009